Please be cautious with moving or modifying your save files. We advise that you make a backup before you perform any actions in this folder. You can back up your files by copying them and storing them in another folder or on a USB drive.
Start by finding your saves folder. You can find all Minecraft folders, including the saves folder, by going into the game launcher:
- Open the Minecraft launcher and log in.
- Select Launch options, and then select the launcher configuration you are running (the default is set to Latest release).
- Locate the Game directory selection and select the little green arrow to the right of it. A new window will open containing your Minecraft folder. When you open the saves folder you will see all your saved worlds in different folders.
- Place the world folder(s) that you want to transfer onto a portable storage device, file-sharing software, or cloud computing service.
- After the files are ready to be transferred, place them in the new computer's saves folder and they will be available in your list of single-player worlds.