You may be wondering, “Why can’t I start Minecraft Dungeons from Minecraft Launcher?”. Regrettably, at this time players will not be able to start Minecraft Dungeons directly from the Minecraft Launcher. This is because both Minecraft: Java Edition and Minecraft Dungeons use separate account systems for their operating features.
The key difference to distinguish between the two are that Minecraft Dungeons uses Microsoft Accounts while Minecraft: Java Edition is using Mojang accounts. We have experimented with many options to give players the best experience and decided that a good temporary option is to have one dedicated launcher per game. As a result, to play the game, you will need the dedicated Minecraft Dungeons Launcher.
We know this situation is not ideal for players, but please bear with us as we are doing our best to include both games in the same launcher in the future! In the meantime, the team would love to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to provide feedback or suggestions that can help create a better player experience and browse our FAQ section to learn more upcoming processes.
Minimum Required Specifications
We know many of you are eager to tackle the dangers ahead, but before that please be sure your device meets the minimum requirements to properly operate Minecraft Dungeons.
- OS: Windows 10, 8, or 7 (64-bit with the latest updates; some functionality not supported on Windows 7 and 8)
- Processor: Core i5 2.8GHz or equivalent
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 or AMD Radeon HD 7870 or equivalent DX11 GPU
- Memory: 8GB RAM, 2GB VRAM
- Storage: 6GB
- DirectX®: DirectX 11
- Monitor: 800x600
- Performance scales with higher end systems. Not supported on Windows 10S.
Lastly, if you are still unable to run the game here are a few more options players can utilize.
- Ensure your PC has the latest Windows updates.
- Update graphics drivers for NVIDIA or AMD graphics cards.
- Though they are installed along with the game, make sure you have installed the software dependencies for the game:
As always, we appreciate your continued support and enthusiasm for games we create. If your issue was not solved, you can contact our support team here for further guidance.