Payment errors are often difficult to track down; they can happen in different steps of the payment process for a few reasons.
- Try your purchase on another web browser or device, and make sure that the browser is the most current version.
- Try a different payment method in the online store. There are several different payment methods available.
Note: Payment methods may vary depending on your country.
Use a Minecraft Prepaid Card
If you are still not able to make a purchase, you may be able to buy a Minecraft prepaid card and use that.
Minecraft prepaid cards can be used on a Microsoft account (that does not already own a copy of the game) and entitle the cardholder to one Minecraft license (one copy of Minecraft).
If you have purchased a Minecraft: Java Edition prepaid card at a retail store, you can redeem your code by visiting our site here and clicking REDEEM JAVA EDITION. You will be prompted to login or create a Microsoft account. Once this is complete you can redeem your code and finish setting up your Minecraft profile.
If you have issues using your Minecraft prepaid card, see Prepaid Card and Gift Code Redemption Issues.
Troubleshoot Making a Realms Purchase
- Check with your card provider to allow international purchases as Mojang is based in Sweden. Also, verify that you have sufficient funds and that there are no other issues with the purchase.
- If you’re not in the same country as the credit or debit card was issued, the purchase may not go through. Check with your card provider.
- You cannot make a purchase from outside of the US using a credit or debit card issued in the US.
- Due to US law, many or all prepaid debit cards (such as Visa Vanilla) purchased in the US will not work for purchases in our online store, as Mojang is located outside of the US.
- Gift codes are not available for purchase in our online store from the US. Please consider buying a Minecraft prepaid card or a gift code on Amazon.com.