Refunds for Minecraft: Java Edition
We can offer a refund in the following situations if you contact Mojang Support within 15 days of purchase:
- If you made a duplicate purchase
- If a purchase was made without your permission
- If you're unable to play your game after visiting our technical support resources
If this is the case, please contact customer support, provide the order number(s) and transaction ID(s) from the purchase, and specify which purchase needs refunding. We are unable to make a refund without an order number or transaction ID, verifying that you own the account.
If you bought a gift code from Amazon that you wish to refund, contact Amazon. Or learn more about Amazon refunds.
Purchases made with a Paysafecard, Multibanco or Poli Card are not refundable due to technical limitations.
According to the Terms and Conditions listed on prepaid cards purchased at a retail store, Mojang is unable to offer refunds for prepaid cards. Some retailers may offer refunds or compensation, so we urge you to return the card with the receipt to the store where it was purchased.
Different editions of Minecraft are not interchangeable. If you have accidentally bought the wrong Minecraft edition, contact the appropriate support team for your console.
If you have made your purchase from an unauthorized reseller we're not able to refund you, and you may wish to dispute your purchase directly with the seller.
Refunds for Minecraft Realms
Minecraft Realms is a subscription service and is not typically eligible for full or partial refunds. If we've done something that has caused you to be unable to access your Realm, please let us know, and we'll try to fix it. If we can't fix it, you may be eligible for a refund. For more information about Minecraft Realms refunds, please visit the terms for Minecraft Realms.
Refunds for Minecraft Coins purchases
All purchases made using Minecraft coins are final, but if an unauthorized purchase was made by someone else, you can contact the support center for the application store where the purchase was made:
Refunds for other Minecraft Editions
- Apple's terms and conditions list that all sales of iOS games are final (non-refundable).
- Google Play's support site has information on how to obtain a refund within the first 2 hours.
- Amazon's Kindle refunds policy lists that apps are not returnable after purchase.
- Xbox's refund policy states that you can't return a digital game, but you may receive credit.
- PlayStation Store's cancellation policy states that you can request a refund within 14 days of your purchase.
- Oculus store's refund policy, states that you can request a refund within 3 days of your purchase, and have played less than 30 minutes
- Nintendo's refund policy states that they are unable to provide refunds on digital games.
- If you have bought the game on disc in a store, return to the store with your receipt for assistance.