Occasionally when playing Minecraft, you might find yourself in a situation where you need to reset your password, migrate your account, or otherwise rely on an email from Mojang. There are several reasons that you may not receive a system email after attempting a password reset, account migration, or another system operation.
If you are not receiving emails about your password reset, please try the following:
- Make sure your email address has been verified
- Check your spam folder
- Confirm that the email you are using is the same one you used to make your account
- Make sure there is no typo in your email address to confirm it is being sent to a valid address
In This Article:
- You have not verified your email address
- The email went to your junk/spam mail folder
- You have previously marked emails from Mojang Studios as spam
- You have re-opened a previously closed email
- Your Minecraft account has been migrated to a Mojang account with a different email address
- You have a typo in your email address
For more information on each of these scenarios, please see below:
You have not verified your email address
How to verify your email address
- Log in to your account and click on your email address in the top right corner of the page.
- Click VERIFY THIS ACCOUNT.
- On the verification page, click Request a new code.
- Check your email for the notification message and follow the instructions to verify your email account.
Tip: If you don’t see the email message, check your junk/spam mail folder.
The email went to your junk/spam mail folder
Check your junk/spam mail to see if your email messages are there.
You have previously marked emails from Mojang Studios as spam
If a customer marks a Mojang Studios email as spam, our mail service does not allow us to send future messages to that account. Contact Minecraft Support to see if there has been a spam complaint from your email provider and reverse it.
You have re-opened a previously closed email
If your email account has been closed or deactivated for some reason and later reactivated, then we might have to update the status of the email account in our mail service. Contact Minecraft Support to assist you with this task.
Your Minecraft account has been migrated to a Mojang account with a different email address
If you previously logged in to your account with your username and now receive a notification to use your email address, try logging in with your email address. If you are unable to log in and/or do not see your account listed, you'll need to contact Minecraft Support. If the account was migrated to a different email address, we can change it back to the original without additional verification. If you need to change the email address to something else, you must provide the transaction ID and the email address to use.
You have a typo in your email address
If you have a simple and obvious formatting error (e.g., .cmo instead of .com), we can change that for you without verification. However, if you misspelled your email or used the wrong account, we will need the name of the correct account and your transaction ID. Contact Minecraft Support to assist you with this task.