This article applies to Minecraft for mobile devices, Minecraft for Windows, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation™4, and Xbox consoles. If you need help with moving Minecraft: Java Edition, See Transferring Minecraft: Java Edition to Another Computer.
It can be difficult to transfer game files from one device to another, however, there are two methods that can help you transfer your worlds. You can transfer worlds between these devices using a Minecraft Realm or, if you play on an iOS device, through the iCloud method.
Transfer Your World Using a Realm
You must have an active Minecraft Realm to do this. If you have not yet used your Realms free trial, you can use that to transfer your worlds. For more information about Minecraft Realms and how to start a Realm, go to the Realms Plus page.
Note: You must use the same edition of Minecraft and the same Xbox Live account to transfer worlds.
- From the first device, click the pen icon next to your Realm from the Realms list
- Click Replace World and confirm.
- Choose the world you want to transfer.
- Wait for the upload and then click Let's go!
- Open Minecraft from the second device and click the pen icon next to your Realm from the Realms list.
- Click Download World.
- Wait for the download and then click Let's go!
Your world should now be transferred from one device to another. If you want to transfer another world, repeat the same process.
Transfer Your World Using the iCloud Method (iOS Devices Only)
See the steps below for the Apple iPad.
- Open the Files app on the old iPad.
- Under Browse, tap On My iPad.
- Tap Minecraft.
- Tap the Games folder.
- Tap the com.mojang folder.
- Locate the file named minecraftWorlds. This has all your worlds in it. Press and hold to open the menu.
- Tap Save to Files.
- Locate your iCloud drive and save the world file to the iCloud Drive folders where you want to store it.
- Click Save.
The worlds are now saved to your iCloud.
Tip: Repeat these steps periodically so you’ll always have a backup.
- On the iPad, open the Files app.
- On the Browse screen, go to iCloud Drive.
- Tap the folder where you saved the minecraftWorlds folder.
- Press and hold the minecraftWorlds folder and on the menu, click Copy.
- Tap iCloud Drive at the top next to Downloads.
- Tap Locations at the top.
- You should be back at the main Browse menu. Tap On My iPad.
- Tap Minecraft and then tap Games.
- Tap com.Mojang.
- On the next screen, click in an empty space, then press and hold to bring up the menu.
- Click Paste.
- Tap Replace.
IMPORTANT This will override any new saved games on the iPad.
Your world has now been transferred from one device to another. To transfer another world, repeat the same process.