We're sorry to see you go, but we understand that sometimes you need to uninstall the game. We hope it’s to install a different version or to install on a different platform! Here's what you need to know to uninstall Minecraft.
Minecraft: Java Edition
Please note that your worlds and your saved worlds and inventory will be deleted when you remove the files. To keep your progress, locate the saves folder and save it on your computer before you drag the .minecraft folder to the trash. You can find the saves folder in the .minecraft folder. For more information about where your saves files are stored, please go to Where Are Minecraft Files Stored?
- Go to your Application Data Folder, %AppData%. To find it, press Win+R, type %appdata%\.minecraft, and then click OK.
- Drag the .minecraft folder to the trash.
- Select the Finder icon in the Dock and open a Finder window.
- Press Shift+Command+G to open the Go to Folder dialog and type ~/Library/Application Support/.
- Drag the minecraft folder to the trash.
- Open a terminal.
- Enter this command: rm -vr ~/.minecraft/*.
Minecraft on Other Platforms
The Minecraft application is uninstalled the same way as other applications on your device.
Minecraft for Windows 10
To uninstall Minecraft for Windows 10, select the Windows icon in the bottom-left corner and search for Minecraft. Right-click the icon and select uninstall. Make sure to uninstall Minecraft and not just the Minecraft Launcher.