New stuff (and some changes) coming your way on Minecraft Earth!
Minecraft Earth R15 Patch Notes – March 25, 2020
- We want to help you #FlattenTheCurve! The health and safety of our players is incredibly important to the Minecraft Earth team. Current COVID-19 pre-cautionary guidelines from the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control encourages individuals to stay home and avoid public places and gatherings of 10 or more people. In accordance with these guidelines, we’ve made the following changes to empower Minecraft Earth players to continue to build, craft, Adventure, and mine from the safety of home!
- Increased Tappable spawn rate
- Increased Tappable density
- Added the ability to spawn Adventures anywhere
- Introducing a real gem of a feature – Adventure Crystals! These powerful jewels that you collect from Tappables and Adventure Chests allow you to summon an Adventure anywhere. Check out that shiny new button at the bottom of the screen, if you’re up for a challenge.
- Forget raising the roof, we’re raising the level cap to 25! Ok, now you can raise the roof.
- We've got a new skeleton crew! Bone Spiders are here to add an element of danger to your next Adventure.
- What a tree-t! Dark Forest Buildplates are now available in the Store.
- The Tropical Slime is making a big splash in Minecraft Earth! This aquatic ooze travels with a school of fishy friends and brings a beachy feel to any Buildplate.
- That’s one fiery temper! The Iron Furnace Golem is a fearsome protector that’s ready to burn bridges with any invader. Be careful on your buildplate through as its firey attacks can set things alight.
- Various Fixes were made so that Adventure Chests spawn as expected in adventures!
- Peep that new loading screen art. Pretty cool, right? 👀
- The Boost Icon got an electrifying makeover.
- Settings has a new home on the profile screen, so it may not be exactly where you remembered, but it hasn’t gone away!
- Join friend and Code Scan can now be found in the Buildplates screen!
- Challenges can now be accessed directly from the World Map. Navigational!
- Let off some steam -- the mighty Melon Golem will melt if their surroundings get too hot.
Mincraft Earth R14 Patch Notes – March 11, 2020
- There’s gold in them blocks! What exciting loot will you find in your next Adventure? Common, Uncommon and Rare Adventures now contain special Adventure Chests with unique rewards for daring players.
- This new Buildplate is a grand slam – or should we say, a grand ram? There’s a new, ewe-nique Highland House Buildplate in the Store.
- Adventure is within reach! We’ve simplified and reduced the distance requirement for Adventures. From now on, Adventures will share the same, larger interaction radius as Tappables so you don’t have to be as close to get in. That way, if you use a Tappable Radius Boost, it will work for Adventures too!
- Ding faster! Killing mobs inside Adventures will now give you experience points. If you survive, that is!
- No need to butt heads about it, the Horned Sheep is finally here! It may look friendly, but this overprotective beast is baaaaad to the bone and will ram any players or Mobs of Me that get to close to the herd. Watch out when two Horned Sheep charge each other!
- Golems are stoic guardians of the realm. The Iron Furnace Golem is the toughest of them all! With its burning chest, fiery fists, and flaming flurry attacks, it will scorch and incinerate all hostiles that dare to challenge its protection.
- Not all Golems are hot headed, the new Melon Golem is as cool as ice. This fruity guardian chooses rapid fire melon seeds as it’s attack of choice. Although not as tough alone, in small groups they can be ex-seed-ingly effective!
- No need to look so Grim! The Skeleton Wolf’s damage has been rebalanced.
- We’ve improved performance while on the Map and UI screens so players should experience fewer issues. NAVIGATIONAL!
- The Early Access text on the loading screen now displays appropriately because you were all going wild with the theories. (Yes, we’re still in Early Access. No, Minecraft Earth is not fully released. No, it wasn’t an ARG, but that does give us some ideas…)
Minecraft Earth R13 Patch Notes – February 25, 2020
- Coming soon - POWER!! UNLIMITED POWER!! We’ve introduced 12 different Boosts that can be purchased from the Store or activated by scanning a Minecraft Earth Minifig. Each Boost has 3 levels that will increase its power, duration, or both:
- Increase Attack Damage
- Increase Crafting Speed
- Increase Max Health
- Increase Mining Speed
- Increase Player Defense
- Increase Tappable Radius
- Increase XP From Adventures
- Increase XP From Collecting Mobs
- Increased Health Gained from Eating o Keep Items in Backpack On Death
- Keep items in Hotbar On Death
- Smelting Speed Boost
- The dye’s the limit! Your sheep can be dyed your favorite color in the name of FASHION! (Or in the name of your favorite sports team, that’s fine too.)
- Coming Soon - You’ve seen them in AR, now pet them IRL! Some select Minecraft Earth mobs are making their way to a store near you as Mini Figurines! They’ll also be scannable and unlock powerful Boosts for you in-game.
- Your own watery night light, the Glow Squid, is diving into the world of Minecraft Earth!
- It’s Halloween 365 days a year for the Skeleton Wolf. Beware this bag o’ bones!
- This is a no clone zone! We fixed an exploit that allowed users to sign-in to Minecraft Earth from the same account on multiple devices.
- We improved performance for Chinese, Japanese and Korean text. 太牛了! 凄い! 대박!
- Hooray! Multiple crash bugs were fixed for iOS and Android devices so that you can mine, craft, and build in peace.
- Mobs looked a bit rough around the edges in Bright Mode, so we gussied them up a bit! Now they’re looking pretty fly.
Minecraft Earth R12 Patch Notes
- Meat is back on the menu! You can eat food to regain health in Adventures. Fruit and vegetables are also on the menu - all part of a balanced diet.
- To raise the steaks, health is now persistent between Adventures. If you take damage in one Adventure, you’ll be hurt when you start your next Adventure.
- Your health is displayed while you’re on the Map. If you die in an adventure, you respawn on the map but with reduced health.
- Eating is also accessible from the Inventory screen using the new "info" button, which leads us to…
- There’s a new Item Info button on the Inventory Screen – click through to see item stats and discover how chicken compares to mutton, or what the damage and durability values for your tools are. Plus, funny blurbs on your favorite blocks!
- Tired of people walking all over you? We added a people occlusion toggle for iPhones/iOS 13+.
- Coming soon! Night themed Buildplates will be available in the Store. Look up to see the stars! Don’t sleep on this new offer!
- Coming soon! We’ve implemented the underlying code for a new feature called Boosts. Stay tuned for the full release!
- The WOOLY COW has arrived! This new fuzzy friend could use a haircut. I wonder what happens when you use your shears…? 🤔
- Sweet, sweet freedom! Players will no longer get stuck in the Adventure preview screen.
- There was a complicated bug where you couldn’t pick up a liquid block if there was nothing behind it in AR. That bug doesn’t exist anymore. Success!
- This bug is kicking the bucket - you now get your bucket back when smelting with lava. Cook those porkchops lighting fast.
- We fixed a UI overlapping issue with the Adventure stats preview screen on iPhone 7 Plus. Helpful!
- Thanks to recent improvements, the following devices have been removed from the Blacklist: Motoroloa moto x4, Motorola One, Samsung Galaxy A30, and the Samsung Galaxy A70. You can now play Minecraft Earth on these devices!
- Bucket of Mud
- Stone Slab
- Spruce Button
Minecraft Earth R11 Patch Notes
- We reduced the file size of Minecraft Earth and made it more stable. Small, but mighty!
- Added a selection indicator when choosing your Mob of Me, so you can decide what Me you want to be today.
- The Mob of Me selection screen now has an exit button so you can get back to mining, crafting, and building in glorious fashion.
- Illuminating! Bright mode is now color balanced for a more pleasant viewing experience in outdoor conditions.
- The Crafting and Smelting menus have been overhauled so they’re easier to use, and they look dang spiffy.
- Adventure previews got a makeover – they’re full screen and have a new UI that really complements your eyes.
- Time is of the essence! There’s a new indicator that lets you know how much time you have left in an Adventure before it despawns.
- Incred-apple! Trees now spawn apples as intended.
- Fit check! Players can now rotate their avatar in the profile screen, and the dressing room now loads properly for new accounts with fresh installs.
- Vibe check! Haptic feedback no longer triggers when vibration is turned off on Android devices.
- Fixed an issue with item clipping while people occlusion is enabled. Cool!
Minecraft Earth R10 Patch Notes
- Do you ever wish there were two of you? There can be! Mob of Me is now available for purchase in the Store.
- Make it FASHION! You can now select a style from your Character Creator closet when placing their Mob of Me on a Buildplate.
- Stay charged all day by enabling Battery Saver Mode in game Settings. It turns your screen off when you turn your phone upside-down – cool!
- We added 10 new Adventures to keep things fresh in the new year.
- Know where you stand - Adventures now have a clearly defined proximity circle so you know when you’re close enough to enter.
- Instant gratification! Reward screens for Adventures load faster.
- Skeleton arrows now travel slower to limit the number of Adventurers with arrows in their knees.
- Adventure location reporting now allows for up to 250 character comments so that you can help us make Minecraft Earth a better place to play.
- Fixed an issue where Adventures didn't show the player receiving any rewards because it’s 2020 and YOU DESERVE THIS.
- Adventures now accurately indicate if they have been played by others.
- Good news, barbarian roleplayers! You can break blocks with swords again.
COMING (VERY) SOON™:
New Smelting Recipes!
- White Glazed Terracotta
- Orange Glazed Terracotta
- Magenta Glazed Terracotta
- Light blue Glazed Terracotta
- Yellow Glazed Terracotta
- Lime Glazed Terracotta
- Pink Glazed Terracotta
- Gray Glazed Terracotta
- Light gray Glazed Terracotta
- Cyan Glazed Terracotta
- Purple Glazed Terracotta
- Blue Glazed Terracotta
- Brown Glazed Terracotta
- Green Glazed Terracotta
- Red Glazed Terracotta
- Black Glazed Terracotta
New Crafting Recipes!
- Clay Block
- White Terracotta
- Orange Terracotta
- Magenta Terracotta
- Light blue Terracotta
- Yellow Terracotta
- Lime Terracotta
- Pink Terracotta
- Gray Terracotta
- Light gray Terracotta
- Cyan Terracotta
- Purple Terracotta
- Blue Terracotta
- Brown Terracotta
- Green Terracotta
- Red Terracotta
- Black Terracotta
Crafting Recipes That Were Missing But Are Not Missing Anymore!
- Stone Brick Wall
- Mossy Stone Brick Stairs
- Mossy Stone Brick Wall
- Mossy Stone Brick Slab
- Birch Slabs
- Light Grey Dye
- Packed Ice
- Lapis Lazuli Block
- Lapis Lazuli
- Bone Meal
Minecraft Earth R9 Patch Notes
- Get to know your way around with the new Build Mode tutorial – much easier than putting together furniture IRL!
- Improved speed of sign-in and app resume speeds by up to 50% on all platforms because loading screens are only cute the first 5 times you see them.
- Free stuff! Players are now gifted starting items the first time they enter Build Mode.
- Location reporting now has comment box for specifying detailed reasons like “busy road,” “water feature,” and “super haunted, abandon hope ye who Adventure here.”
- Layout of your profile and Buildplates has been updated – spiffy!
- Not such a tough row to hoe – farming in Buildplates now requires tools for harvesting.
- We added more Adventures for you to explore. ALGEBRAIC!
- Lofi Beats to Mine and Craft To: Buildplates build and play mode added Vanilla ambient music.
- Jolly Llama can eat ferns covered in snow because we don’t have iceberg lettuce in the game.
Multiple major bug fixes, including:
- Game crashes
- Sign-in issues
- Some smelting bugs
- Lots of other stuff that you didn’t even know needed fixin’
- All iOS players will need to resign in due to a change/fix we made in the process.
Minecraft Earth R8 Patch Notes
- Added new hostile mob tracker for Adventures
- Added notifications for complete but not collected challenges
- Mooblooms now look correct when sheared for their buttercups
- Added smelting intensity animations
- Updated audio in various parts of the game
- Added support for many new blocks and items which will be coming soon:
- snowball, bone, rotten flesh, gunpowder, raw salmon, food and nature items, acacia blocks
- Added recipes for:
- polished granite, andesite, diorite, and lapis blocks
- Improved Diamond Tool and Weapon damage.
- Improved Iron Tool and Weapon damage
- Improved effectiveness for using right tool on corresponding blocks
- (ex: Shovel on dirt)
- Decreased effectiveness of wrong tool on corresponding blocks
- (ex: Sword on dirt)
- 77 bug fixes! Including:
- Cluckshrooms no longer drown when entering water
- fix for salmon – they no longer disappear when put on buildplates
- Locked crafting/smelting slot bug - Players that had all of their crafting/smelting slots locked should see this resolved in R8