When you can’t find a Marketplace pack, virtual currency, or game in your Minecraft app after purchasing from Microsoft Store, Xbox Store, or through a Collection pack, start by making sure you are logged in to the correct account where you want these items to appear.
In many cases, this happens when parents purchase these items or redeem a gift card on their own Microsoft account and don’t realize that they cannot be transferred to a child’s account later.
If you find that you have redeemed a prepaid card or purchased on the wrong account, you must contact Xbox support.
For other issues, try these steps to troubleshoot.
- Make sure your game is completely up to date.
- Make sure you are signed in with the Microsoft account you used to make the purchases.
- Completely close Minecraft. This means:
- On mobile devices close (not minimize) the app running in the background.
- On Minecraft for Windows 10 close the game completely by clicking the X in the upper right corner.
- On Minecraft for Xbox or PlayStation® 4 access the menu option to close the application.
- Switch on the Nintendo Switch home screen, highlight Minecraft and press X to close the application.
- Make sure you are connected to a reliable internet connection.
- Launch Minecraft and make sure you are signed in and you are the only user playing Minecraft at this time.
- Let the game load up to the home screen and wait for 15-60 seconds (if on Nintendo Switch loading can take up to 120 seconds). This ensures the game has time to completely load.
- If this has not solved the issue, please try steps 2-6 again.
If you are still unable to find your missing Marketplace items, contact Minecraft Support.