You do not have to repurchase Minecraft if you haven’t played for a while or you’ve switched devices.
If you need to redownload the game, visit this page and follow the instructions for the version you prefer (or all of them, if you need to!)
For Minecraft: Java Edition, once you’ve downloaded the game again, select Log In from the upper left hand corner of the launcher and get going!
- Using your Microsoft account, sign into the PC where you want to install your games.
- Click on the three dots in the Windows Store next to your profile pic.
- Go to My Library. If you already own the game, you can download it from there.
- Press the Xbox button to open the guide, and then select My games & apps > See all.
- Under Games, you will see all games you own listed.
- If a game you own has not yet been installed on your console, you will see a download icon on the game title. Selecting the title will prompt you to install the game if you want to play it.
- Play Minecraft!
For information about worlds and saved play, visit this article.