In This Article
Saving to the cloud is now available in Minecraft Dungeons. You can find the Upload and Download options on the Switch Hero menu. To access these options and play with your Heroes on different devices (across different platforms), ensure you are signed in to your Microsoft Account, and that your game is updated to version 188.8.131.52 or later.
What you need to know
- Heroes are not automatically synced to cloud storage. If you play Minecraft Dungeons on multiple platforms frequently, you must download your character before playing and upload it again before ending your session.
- Purchased DLC does not transfer between platforms. You must own the DLC on the platform you’re playing on to access DLC missions and cosmetics.
- Cloud saves allow for 20 unique slots to save Heroes.
- Heroes can be used between Nintendo Switch, PlayStation® 4, Windows PC, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X|S.
- Navigate to the Hero Select screen from the main menu. Choose a Hero and press the Upload Hero button.
- Select an empty slot and press UPLOAD HERO.
You’ll see a message that the upload was successful. The Hero is saved to the cloud and ready to be downloaded to another platform.
IMPORTANT If a Hero has cosmetic items equipped that are tied to ownership of certain DLC packs, the cosmetic items will be unequipped on another platform that does not own the relevant DLC pack. An in-game prompt will let you know if this happens. The cosmetic item will have to be manually re-equipped after downloading a Hero again on the platform that does have the DLC.
If all 20 slots are full, the Empty Slot button will not be available. You must delete or overwrite a Hero before uploading.
- Navigate to the Hero Select screen from the main menu. Find an empty slot and select DOWNLOAD HERO.
- Select a Hero that has been previously uploaded and press DOWNLOAD HERO.
You’ll see a message that the download was successful and you’re ready to play.
- A prompt will appear that the download was successful.
Delete Heroes from Cloud Saves
- To remove a Hero from the cloud, select the Hero from the UPLOAD HERO screen and press DELETE HERO.
- Press CONFIRM. A prompt will appear to confirm the deletion.
Manually Back Up Characters on PC
This backup saves data on Windows 7/8/10/11.
- In the start menu, type “Run”, then click the Run app
- In the text box, type %HOMEPATH%\Saved Games\Mojang Studios\Dungeons.
- Click OK.
Copy the contents of this folder to another folder on your computer.
Note: If you plan to uninstall the game, place the contents of the folder back in after reinstalling the game. Uninstalling the game from the Minecraft Dungeons Launcher displays a prompt asking if you want to erase local saved data.
WARNING Do not delete or modify any of the data in this folder to prevent losing saved data.
Local Saved Data Cloud Saves on Consoles
While Minecraft Dungeons features the cloud saving method outlined above, console platforms also have cloud save methods of their own which backs up local saved data to their own services.
IMPORTANT These console-specific services do not synchronize cloud saves between different platforms.
For information on your device’s cloud storage system, visit the following support sites: