In order to play online multiplayer and cross-platform play in Minecraft Dungeons on Nintendo Switch and PlayStation® consoles, you will need to login to the game using a Microsoft Account. This article explains how to successfully login and begin adding friends to play together online.
If you do not have a Microsoft Account, they can be created for free by following the directions in our article on Setting up a Microsoft Account.
- When launching Minecraft Dungeons for the first time, you are prompted to login to a Microsoft Account.
- Using another device, such as a phone or a tablet, go to https://www.microsoft.com/link. Enter the code shown on your device.
- After successful sign in, you will be connected to Minecraft Dungeons with your Microsoft account! Microsoft Account Settings can be changed at https://account.xbox.com/settings.
- If you choose not to link your accounts, you may do so at any time in the Game Settings Menu by selecting “Configure Online Play”. You may also log out of your Microsoft Account from this screen at any time.
- From the main menu and Hero select screen, pressing the L and R or L1 and R1 buttons will switch between 'Online Game' and 'Offline Game'. After selecting Online Game, friends can be added by selecting 'Add Friend' and searching for their gamertag.
Friends’ game sessions can be joined from the main menu or invited to your own game session by selecting Friends from The Camp after starting an Online Game.