This article covers instructions for configuring parental controls for Minecraft for mobile devices, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, Windows and Xbox consoles.
To allow your child to play with people on gaming services outside of Xbox Live follow the instructions below:
- Go to http://account.xbox.com/ and log in with your parental account
- Click on Profile from the menu across the top
- On your profile page, click on Privacy Settings
- On this page, you should see your name and the Microsoft Gamertag of your child. Click on their name/picture
- Click on Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety right below the player names/profiles
- You will see "You can play with people outside of Xbox Live" - this needs to be set to “Allow”
- If you want them to be able to access Realms, you will also need to set the "You can create and join clubs" setting right below it to "Allow"
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Submit"
Your child will then need to fully restart the game by closing it on the main menu of their device (or through the app close screens on iOS)
If you need assistance, feel free to contact Minecraft support.