This article only applies to Minecraft Dungeons pre-paid cards and gift codes. For information about how to redeem other Minecraft gift codes, please visit the Minecraft Pre-Paid Codes article.
There are many ways of getting Minecraft Dungeons and if you receive it in the form of a pre-paid card or a gift code, you will need to redeem them through one of several websites.
Minecraft Dungeons pre-paid cards can be used on a new or existing Microsoft account and will entitle the cardholder to one Minecraft Dungeons license (a.k.a. one copy of Minecraft Dungeons).
The steps in this article cover redeeming a Minecraft Dungeons pre-paid card purchased in a store for the Windows version of the game. If you have purchased a Minecraft Dungeons gift code for another platform, see the steps below:
- Redeeming on Windows 10
- Redeeming on Xbox One
- Redeeming on Nintendo Switch
- Redeeming on PlayStation 4
Redeeming Minecraft Dungeons on Windows
1. Navigate to minecraft.net/redeem/dungeons.
2. Login to an existing Microsoft account or create a new one.
3. After you have logged into your Microsoft account, you can redeem your pre-paid card or gift code.
Scratch off the silver area and the enter the code that is found on the back of your pre-paid card into the "Code" field.
If you run into any problems, please visit our help article on pre-paid card errors.
4. To download the game, navigate to the Minecraft Dungeons Launcher page and click “Download Launcher”. Place the file anywhere you'd like, then run the program to install.
5. Run Minecraft Dungeons Launcher, then log into the game with your Microsoft account. You’re all set!