At the launch of Minecraft Dungeons, there was an issue that would wipe all save data in the game. With the release of the 184.108.40.206 hotfix, we fixed the data loss issues that were occurring on the Windows version of Minecraft Dungeons. If you were affected by this issue and lost your character’s progress, we want you to have the opportunity to download a built-up character so you don’t have to start over completely. This article explains how to download and install the character save file.
- Level 36 / Power 35
- All main missions unlocked on default difficulty
- Ample gear and artifacts to get you back into the fight
Note: This save file can only be used on Windows PCs.
How to Install the Character
- Download ”minecraft-dungeons-save-level-36.zip” to your computer using the link above.
- Open the file and find 'BE5B6CA641B5286EC2696FADBC7DC63C.dat' in the folders.
- Open the Start menu, enter Run and then click Open.
- In the text field, enter %HOMEPATH%\Saved Games\Mojang Studios\Dungeons and then click OK.
- Locate a folder named with a 16-digit number (E.g., 2612325419657064). Open this folder, and then open the Characters folder.
- Copy 'BE5B6CA641B5286EC2696FADBC7DC63C.dat' into the folder.
IMPORTANT Do not delete or modify any of the other files in this folder; this could result in losing saved data.
- Open Minecraft Dungeons. On the main menu, press Switch Hero and scroll to find the new character. Press Select to choose the character.