With the new changeover to Microsoft accounts for Minecraft: Java Edition you may encounter issues with your Microsoft account. For more information about the migration see our FAQ article. If you have any Microsoft account login questions or issues, please check out the following articles from Xbox and Microsoft as they handle all account-related inquiries:
If you have a preexisting Microsoft account or you have already made a new one and need guidance, the following articles may help you set up and configure your account:
- Sign into Xbox
- How to add security info to your Microsoft account
- Reset or recover your lost Microsoft account password
- Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account
- Update your Microsoft account if you’re moving to a new country or region
- Reopen your Microsoft account
- Reset a forgotten Microsoft account password
Why do I have to go to Xbox?
Because you log in with your Microsoft account to play Minecraft, you will need to reach out to Microsoft for assistance with any account-related issues. Minecraft support is not able to access this information.
However, if you have other issues that are not related to your Microsoft account, contact Minecraft Support.