With the new change over to Microsoft accounts for Minecraft: Java Edition you may encounter issues with your Microsoft account. If you have any Microsoft account login questions or issues, please check out these articles from Xbox and Microsoft as they handle all account related inquiries:
If you have a pre-existing Microsoft account or you have already made a new one and need help, these articles may help you set up and configure your account:
- Sign in to Xbox
- Add security info to your Microsoft account
- Recover and reset your lost Microsoft account password
- Change the email address or phone number for your Microsoft account
- Update your Microsoft account if you’re moving to a new country or region
- Reopen your Microsoft account
- Reset your Microsoft account password
Why do I have to go to Xbox?
Since you log in with your Microsoft account to play Minecraft, you will need to reach out to them for assistance with any of the account related issues above. Minecraft support is not able to access this information. However, if you have any other issues that are not Microsoft account related you can ask the Minecraft support team by filling out our form here.