Please be sure you are on a release version of Minecraft that is 1.16.200 or higher for Windows 10!
What are the minimum requirements to experience physically based rendering (PBR) and ray tracing in Minecraft for Windows 10?
- OS (Operation Systems): Windows 10 64-bit
- GPU: DirectX hardware ray tracing capable GPU like NVIDIA GeForce® RTX 20 Series and higher, and AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 Series and higher
- Hardware: PC; Virtual reality headsets and Mixed Reality (MR) headsets are not supported
- CPU: Intel Core i5 or equivalent
- RAM: >8 GB of RAM
- Version of Minecraft: 1.16.200 or higher
You may have to update your Windows operating system and graphics drivers to experience ray tracing. You can learn more about updating Windows 10 here.
If your hardware does not support ray tracing, you will be unable to download ray tracing content from the Minecraft Marketplace: