This article details general information about Minecraft for Windows.
In This Article:
- Where can I buy Minecraft for Windows?
- What platforms and devices is Minecraft for Windows available on?
- Loading Screen Crashing Windows 10 N 32-bit
- I have suggestions or feedback for Minecraft, where can I submit them?
- I have more questions! Where do I go for help?
What is Minecraft for Windows?
Minecraft for Windows is an edition of Minecraft designed for Windows 10 and above, featuring cross-play with players on "Bedrock devices" such as:
- Android phones
- Nintendo Switch
- Xbox One
Minecraft for Windows also features cross-platform compatibility with Minecraft Realms and the Minecraft Marketplace, where you can purchase both community-made and in-house-created content.
Where can I buy Minecraft for Windows?
To purchase Minecraft for Windows, visit the Microsoft Store
What platforms and devices is Minecraft for Windows available on?
Minecraft for Windows
- Windows 10 and above
- VR Headsets
Loading Screen Crashing Windows 10 N 32-bit
With the release of Minecraft Version 1.16.200 we have seen occasional issues with crashing on the loading screen when using Windows 10 N 32-bit. For anyone using that version of Windows and experiencing crashes, we have a fix for you!
It is as simple as downloading and installing the Media Feature Pack:
- Press the Win+R keys to open Run, enter winver into the box, and then select OK. A new About Windows window will list your Windows version information.
- Make a note of your Windows version listed at the top of this box.
- Open the Media Feature Pack article.
- Select the correct download for your version of Windows and install.
For example: In the screenshot below, the Windows version is 21H1; this user would follow the instructions in KB3145500 (listed in the article to follow this KB if your version is not listed)
After installation finishes, you should no longer experience crashes while loading into the game. If you still experience crashing issues after installing the Media Feature Pack, please submit a bug report.
I have suggestions or feedback for Minecraft, where can I submit them?
Here is the link for our feedback site for Minecraft.
I have more questions! Where do I go for help?
- For help with purchasing or refund requests for Minecraft for Windows contact Microsoft Store Support
- For assistance with your Xbox Live account, visit Xbox Support
- For technical or in-game issues, please visit the Minecraft Forum