This article provides Android technical support processes for you to follow as well as general knowledge about Minecraft on Android devices.
Update on Android Devices 7/13/2022
Greater than 1 GB of RAM is Required for Minecraft
Android 6 "Marshmallow" or Above is Required for Minecraft
As Minecraft grows, so must the requirements on systems that support it. As of November 2022, your Android device needs to have more than 1 GB of RAM to properly run Minecraft. However, there are a still few issues on some Android devices that meet this requirement related to performance, where the game may crash or run slowly.
Note: Devices with 1GB or less of RAM and lower than Android 6 "Marshmallow" will no longer receive updates. They may be able to run the game, but they also may experience higher rates of crashing or other performance issues.
If you are on a device that has more than 1GB of RAM and runs Android 6 or higher, and are still experiencing issues, these solutions may help improve stability:
- Upgrade to the most recent version of the Android operating system (OS).
- In the Settings menu:
- Reduce the Render Distance in the Video section from the default of 20 to 16. You can try going lower if necessary.
- Change the Graphics setting to Fast. This reduces graphic resolution quality but enables the device to render faster.
- Change the Clouds setting to Off.
- Change the Particles setting to Decreased or Minimal. This removes particle effects like smoke.
- If you have additional programs running in the background on the device, pause or exit those programs to free up more processing power for Minecraft.
Note: Playing the game on an older version of the operating system may impact your gameplay experience with continued performance issues. It’s highly recommended that you upgrade to the latest version of the OS.
I purchased Minecraft, but it is not appearing in my Google Play Family library
In the Google Play Store app, navigate to My Apps & Games within the Minecraft details page, and turn on Family Library.
I cannot launch Minecraft even though it is listed in my Family Library
Make sure that each family device is signed up to the Family Library under the same Family group.
For any further steps, details, or questions regarding Google Play Family Library.
See: the Google support page, Use Google Play Family Library.