This article applies to Minecraft: Java Edition only. Click here for Minecraft Bedrock versions.
If you receive an error report that you are almost out of storage space, go into the saved game data in-game settings to delete files manually. To do so follow the steps below:
- Sign in to your account.
- Choose the world or Realm you would like to delete.
- Select the edit icon to the right of the world or Realm name.
- On the game settings screen, scroll to the bottom and select Delete.
Resource packs, textures, skins, and mods are also stored in your local storage and account for total data size per local profile.
Downloaded content and addons must be stored locally for fast loading.
Where are Minecraft Files Stored?
Minecraft: Java Edition
The file to run the launcher is wherever you saved it. This may or may not default to your desktop or Downloads folder.
Find additional launcher files
- Launch Minecraft, then log in.
- Go to Launch Options, choose a launch configuration, and then click the green arrow next to Game Directory.
Tip: Latest Release is the default launch configuration.
~ is your home directory, usually /home/YOURNAME, so ~/.minecraft would be /home/YOURNAME/.minecraft/.
Open Finder then paste: ~/Library/Application Support/minecraft in the Search box.
Press Win+R > type %appdata%\.minecraft > press Ok.