In This Article:
I can’t make a purchase
Payment errors are often difficult to track down; they can happen in different steps of the payment process for a few reasons.
- Try your purchase on another web browser or device, and make sure that the browser is the most current version.
- Try a different payment method in the online store. There are several different payment methods available.
Note: Payment methods may vary depending on your country.
Use a Minecraft Prepaid Card
If you are still not able to make a purchase, you may be able to buy a Minecraft prepaid card and use that.
Minecraft prepaid cards can be used on a Microsoft account (that does not already own a copy of the game) and entitle the cardholder to one Minecraft license (one copy of Minecraft).
If you have purchased a Minecraft: Java Edition prepaid card at a retail store, you can redeem your code by visiting our site at minecraft.net/redeem and clicking REDEEM JAVA EDITION. You will be prompted to login or create a Microsoft account. Once this is complete you can redeem your code and finish setting up your Minecraft profile.
If you have issues using your Minecraft prepaid card, see Prepaid Card and Gift Code Redemption Issues.
Troubleshoot Making a Realms Purchase
- Check with your card provider to allow international purchases as Mojang is based in Sweden. Also verify that you have sufficient funds and that there are no other issues with the purchase.
- If you’re not in the same country as the credit or debit card was issued, the purchase may not go through. Check with your card provider.
- You cannot make a purchase from outside of the US using a credit or debit card issued in the US.
- Due to US law, many or all prepaid debit cards (such as Visa Vanilla) purchased in the US will not work for purchases in our online store, as Mojang is located outside of the US.
- Gift codes are not available for purchase in our online store from the US. Please consider buying a Minecraft prepaid card or a gift code on amazon.com.
I’ve been charged more than once
There are a few situations where a second charge may appear or seem to appear after a purchase:
- An order number may be generated when a payment fails, which can be confused with a successful purchase. A transaction ID is only generated with a successful purchase. Look for more than one transaction IDs to confirm a duplicate purchase. Note: You may see a small currency conversion charge or an international transaction fee from your bank due to the fact that Mojang is located in Sweden. (Only applies to Mojang accounts)
- A bank or payment partner may temporarily reserve the purchase amount on your account, this can be confused with a second charge. The hold is usually resolved within 24-48 hours. Contact your bank or the payment partner for further information.
- If you have accidentally purchased the game directly as well as with a gift code; you will see the duplicate purchases in your account profile.
If you believe that you have identified a duplicate charge, contact Minecraft Support and provide us with the transaction IDs from both charges. We will be happy to assist so you can continue to game on!
I Accidentally Disputed Charges
Some people may not recognize charges from a Swedish company or our payment partners, and sometimes a legitimate charge is disputed and refunded. Later, they may discover that the charge was for an intended purchase of a Mojang Studios game. Because we do not store payment information, if you have disputed a charge in error, we do not have the ability to charge you again. Please simply make your purchase again, and you will have access to your game.
When will I receive my game?
After your purchase, you will receive an email with a receipt confirming your purchase. Once you have received this email, you can access the game
If you have purchased a gift code, you can redeem it on your account from your Mojang account profile or you can send the code to a friend.
Occasionally there is an issue where a failed transaction sends a customer to the payment confirmation screen. If you have only received a 32 character order number after a few hours, and not an email from us confirming a successful purchase containing a transaction ID, it is unlikely that the transaction was successful. Double-check your payment account to verify that you were charged.
IMPORTANT: Because you cannot purchase a game twice on the same account, if you were not charged, you may wish to try your purchase again.
If you've received a call from your credit card company asking if you would like to authorize an international transaction, they may have interrupted the payment process, even if they eventually let the transaction go through. First verify that your credit card was charged; it is possible that the hold caused us not to be notified of the purchase. If not, you can wait for a charge to process or try your purchase again. If you were charged, contact us and provide your transaction ID or order number.