This article covers instructions for configuring parental controls for Minecraft for mobile devices, Nintendo Switch, and PlayStation®. For assistance configuring parental controls for Minecraft: Java Edition; See: Minecraft: Java Edition Parental Control Features FAQ.
Minecraft Player Safety Features
We want Minecraft to be a safe place for everyone, that’s why we’ve added several player safety features to the game and will continue to add more in the future.
IMPORTANT: It’s highly recommended that you update to the latest version of the game, as it includes new security fixes and player safety updates, gameplay optimizations, and other great stuff.
Overview of the player safety features for Bedrock Minecraft versions:
- Parental controls, allowing guardians to disable the Chat and Multiplayer features for child accounts in your Xbox account settings.
- The Social Interactions screen, which enables you to view all players on the server, hide their chat messages, or block them using your Microsoft account.
Additional Parental Controls
To allow your child to play with people on gaming services outside of Xbox Live follow the instructions below:
- Go to http://account.xbox.com/ and log in with your parental account
- Click on Profile from the menu across the top
- On your profile page, click on Privacy Settings
- On this page, you should see your name and the Microsoft Gamertag of your child. Click on their name/picture
- Click on Xbox One/Windows 10 Online Safety right below the player names/profiles
- You will see "You can play with people outside of Xbox Live" - this needs to be set to “Allow”
- If you want them to be able to access Realms, you will also need to set the "You can create and join clubs" setting right below it to "Allow"
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Submit"
Your child will then need to fully restart the game by closing it on the main menu of their device (or through the app close screens on iOS).
Additional Consoles Parental Controls
For parental controls on the Nintendo Switch, contact Nintendo support .
parental controls on the PlayStation®4, contact PlayStation® support .
If you need assistance, contact Minecraft Support.