This article provides general troubleshooting for connection issues for Minecraft Realms Plus. For information on Minecraft: Java Edition Realms multiplayer issues, see: Minecraft: Java Edition Realms Multiplayer Troubleshooting.
In This Article
Minecraft Realms Plus is a multiplayer service developed by Mojang Studios. Setup is quick and through the game client and allows for you and up to ten friends to play simultaneously.
You can learn more about Minecraft Realms Plus at Minecraft.net/realms.
Realms Plus connection speeds can vary between individual players, devices, and networks. If you encounter connection or timeout errors in Realms Plus, there are a few things that you can do to attempt to resolve the issue.
- Make sure you’re not using a beta version of Minecraft. If you are, leave it and restart the game (Realms Plus only works on non-beta versions).
- If you’re playing on an Nintendo Switch, PlayStation™, or Xbox, ensure you have that console’s online subscription service active. This means you need an active subscription to Nintendo Switch Online, PlayStation® Plus, or Xbox Live Gold as needed by your console.
- Close the realm and reopen it.
- Closing Minecraft and reopen it.
- Restart your computer or device and see if this fixes the issue. Restarting can often clear errors in connections.
- Log out of your Microsoft, closing the game, and then log in again.
- If you are using a wireless connection, ensure that you have a stable connection to your router. You may need to reset or restart your router.
- Check your currently running programs for anything that is using your Internet bandwidth and close those programs.
- If you have a firewall, antivirus software, or are using a VPN, check the settings to be sure that it is not blocking or slowing your connection.
- Configure your router to use moderate or open Network Address Translation (NAT).
- If you’re on a stationary device, try connecting using an Ethernet cable instead of using Wi-Fi.
- Try reverting to a previous save of your world through your Realm’s backup menu.
- If you are under 18 make sure your parents log in to change your settings as shown below:
There are a few issues related to Realms and Multiplayer play on Minecraft for Windows that we are aware users are seeing and we are working to come up with solutions to these problems. The following may work as fixes for many of these issues in the meantime.
If you need to allow access to Minecraft Realms Plus through your firewall, the ports that need to be open are 26000-28000 and port 80 and 443 without destructive proxies. This should be enough, and no server IP or hostname is needed.
WARNING: Only make these changes if you are familiar with port forwarding. If you are not, reach out to the router manufacturer’s support.
Realms services are automatically set to a physical location nearest the Realm owner's IP. If for example, you live in the US, but the Realm you're connecting to is based in Australia, you may have a slightly lower connection speed than the owner of the Realm.
Some Internet service providers may limit connections to Azure, where Realms and many other popular web services are hosted. To find out more, contact your Internet service provider.
Problems Playing While Using a Child Account
If you’re having problems connecting to Realms while playing with a Child Account see: I’m Getting an Error When Trying to Play Multiplayer with a Child Account.
Not Displaying Any Realms List
This is often solved by resetting your Internet connection on the device or by logging off and then back into your Microsoft account.
Not Displaying Servers
If you see this error, it may be solved by switching your internet connection on the device or by logging off and then back into your Microsoft account.
Marketplace Doesn’t Display Anything
This can usually be solved by resetting your Internet connection on the device or by logging off and then back into your Microsoft account.
Owner of Realm Stuck on Building Terrain / Realm Loads Immediately for Friends, but not for Owner
If you encounter this issue, it’s possible that your connection is failing to load some texture packs. You can try to remove those texture packs and re-enter the Realm to see if that fixes it.
Prevented from Online Access of Microsoft Account
You may need to log into your Microsoft account outside of Minecraft. It’s recommended that you go to Xbox.com and log into your Microsoft Account/Xbox Live Account there. Some users reported this issue when trying to connect to the same Microsoft account and Minecraft across multiple devices at once. This solution would be to only play on a specific account on one device at a time.
Didn’t Find the Answer?
The troubleshooters above are general but work on most issues. If you If you have other technical issues with your Realm, contact Minecraft Support, briefly describe the issue, provide the name of the Realm and your Xbox Live Gamertag.