What is Minecraft Preview?
Minecraft Preview is an evolution of the Bedrock Beta program. While our Betas were limited to Xbox, Windows, and Android, Minecraft Preview will let us expand to additional platforms. Minecraft Preview is also a separate app/game that you can play without impacting your standard Bedrock experience, and it will let you test out the latest and greatest features.
In This Article:
- What platforms is Minecraft Preview available on?
- Is Minecraft Preview coming to other platforms?
- Is Minecraft Beta still available?
- How do I install Minecraft Preview?
- Do Xbox Game Pass players get to participate in Minecraft Preview?
- Is Minecraft Preview available in the Minecraft Launcher?
- What happened to the Minecraft Beta?
- Can Minecraft Worlds be imported into Minecraft Preview?
- What features aren’t available in Minecraft Preview?
- Where can I give feedback and report bugs?
What platforms is Minecraft Preview available on?
Minecraft Preview is coming to several of our Bedrock platforms, starting with iOS, Xbox, and Windows 10/11.
Is Minecraft Preview coming to other platforms?
We’re working diligently to bring Minecraft Preview to additional platforms. This FAQ will be updated the moment there is more information to share.
Is Minecraft Beta still available?
The Minecraft Beta is still available on Android. On Xbox and Windows, the previous Beta programs have been retired since Minecraft Preview is now available.
How do I install Minecraft Preview?
Installing Minecraft Preview will be a bit different on each platform. Let’s cover the first three platforms that will be releasing:
- On iOS, you can opt into Minecraft Preview by going here, then signing up. Please note spots are limited, so if it is currently full, please check back later – we free up spots on or around the 1stof each month. If you do get a spot, you must update and play a new version at least once a month to maintain access due to the limited space.
- On Windows, anyone who already owns the Bedrock version of Minecraft or has a subscription to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Game Pass for PC can install Minecraft Preview by visiting here - if the install button doesn’t appear, try refreshing the page once.
- A few players have reported the install button never appearing – if you encounter this issue try using this link and clicking “Open” to go directly to the Microsoft Store page for Minecraft Preview to install.
- For Game Pass subscribers, you can also find Minecraft Preview in the GAME PASS section of the Xbox application.
- On Xbox, anyone who owns the Bedrock version of Minecraft or has a subscription to Game Pass can search for Minecraft Preview and click Install on the resulting product page – it's as simple as that! You can also find Minecraft Preview in the Xbox Game Pass library and app.
Do Xbox Game Pass players get to participate in Minecraft Preview?
Yes! Minecraft Preview is available on Xbox and Windows PC for Game Pass subscribers.
Is Minecraft Preview available in the Minecraft Launcher?
Yes! Minecraft Preview is available via the Minecraft Launcher.
What happened to the Minecraft Beta?
Ultimately, Beta will be replaced by Minecraft Preview. The Beta has been a great way for us to get feedback on our upcoming features, but Minecraft Preview will allow us to grow and improve the Beta program in a more robust manner.
Can Minecraft Worlds be imported into Minecraft Preview?
On Xbox, you can copy your existing worlds from Minecraft using the “Sync Old Worlds” button. We are working to bring this feature to additional platforms in future updates.
What features aren’t available in Minecraft Preview?
- Cross-platform multiplayer does not work for all platforms yet
- Marketplace is not available on iOS
- Realms / Featured Servers
Where can I give feedback and report bugs?
Our process for bugs and feedback will not be changing.
Please remember to search for existing issues before creating a new thread.
For more information on reporting bugs, check out our Mojang Bug Tracker Guidelines and FAQ.