What is Minecraft Preview?
Minecraft Preview is an evolution of the Bedrock Beta program. While our Betas are currently limited to Xbox, Windows, and Android, Minecraft Preview will let us expand to additional platforms. Minecraft Preview is also a separate app/game that you can play without impacting your standard Bedrock experience, and it will let you test out the latest and greatest features. Also, with Minecraft Preview you will no longer have to choose to play on a Beta or the released version – you can play both on the same device or console!
What platforms is Minecraft Preview available on?
Minecraft Preview is coming to several of our Bedrock platforms, starting with iOS, Xbox, and Windows 10/11.
Is Minecraft Preview coming to other platforms?
We’re working diligently to bring Minecraft Preview to additional platforms. This FAQ will be updated the moment there is more information to share.
Is Minecraft Beta still available?
The Minecraft Beta is still currently available on Xbox, Windows, and Android. On Xbox and Windows, the existing Beta program will have some overlap with Minecraft Preview prior to the existing Beta programs being retired.
How do I install Minecraft Preview?
Installing Minecraft Preview will be a bit different on each platform. Let’s cover the first three platforms that will be releasing:
- On iOS, you can opt into Minecraft Preview by going here then signing up. Please note spots are limited but ne openings will crop up from time to time.
- On Windows, anyone who already owns the Bedrock version of Minecraft can now install Minecraft Preview by visiting here - if the install button doesn’t appear, try refreshing the page once. A few players have reported the install button never appearing – if you encounter this issue try using this link and clicking “Open” to go directly to the Microsoft Store page for Minecraft Preview to install.
- On Windows, anyone who already owns the Bedrock version of Minecraft or has a subscription to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Game Pass for PC can install Minecraft Preview by visiting here - if the install button doesn’t appear, try refreshing the page once.
- A few players have reported the install button never appearing – if you encounter this issue try using this link and clicking “Open” to go directly to the Microsoft Store page for Minecraft Preview to install. For Game Pass subscribers, you can also find Minecraft Preview in the GAME PASS section of the Xbox application.
- While it has not officially released yet on Xbox, Minecraft Preview is now available to all Xbox Insiders to help us test things out. To learn more about the Xbox Insider program, please check out its FAQ. There will be more information and/or instructions to peruse once you are in the Xbox Insider Hub.
Do Xbox Game Pass players get to participate in Minecraft Preview?
Yes! Minecraft Preview is now available on Windows PC for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and PC Game Pass subscribers. Minecraft Preview will also be added to Game Pass for Console later this year.
Is Minecraft Preview available in the Minecraft Launcher?
Minecraft Preview is planned to be added to the Minecraft Launcher later this year as well.
What happened to the Minecraft Beta?
Ultimately, Beta will be replaced by Minecraft Preview. The Beta has been a great way for us to get feedback on our upcoming features, but Minecraft Preview will allow us to grow and improve the Beta program in a more robust manner.
Can Minecraft Worlds be imported into Minecraft Preview?
This feature is not available at this time, but it is something we are looking to add in the future.
What features aren’t available in Minecraft Preview?
- Cross-platform multiplayer
- Marketplace (only on some platforms)
- Realms / Featured Servers
Where can I give feedback and report bugs?
Our process for bugs and feedback will not be changing.
Please remember to search for existing issues before creating a new thread.
For more information on reporting bugs, check out our Mojang Bug Tracker Guidelines and FAQ.