This article applies only to Minecraft: Java and Bedrock Edition for PC pre-paid cards and gift codes. For information about redeeming other Minecraft gift codes, see Minecraft Pre-Paid Codes.
There are many ways of getting Minecraft: Java or Bedrock Edition for PC, and if you receive it in the form of a pre-paid card or a gift code, you must redeem them through one of several websites.
Minecraft: Java and Bedrock Edition for PC pre-paid cards can be used on a new or existing Microsoft account and will entitle the cardholder to one Minecraft: Java or Bedrock Edition for PC license (a.k.a. one copy of both versions of Minecraft).
The steps in this article cover redeeming a Minecraft: Java or Bedrock Edition for PC pre-paid card purchased in a store for the Windows version of the game.
Redeeming on the Windows Store
For redeeming a pre-paid card or gift code on the Windows Store, follow this link.
Redeeming Minecraft: Java & Bedrock Edition on PC (Launcher Version)
- Navigate to Minecraft Redeem Pre-Paid Tokens | Minecraft.
- Log in to an existing Microsoft account or create a new one.
- After you have logged in to your Microsoft account, you can redeem your pre-paid card or gift code.
- Scratch off the silver area and enter the code found on the back of your pre-paid card into the Code field.
- If you run into any problems, see our support article on pre-paid card errors.
- To download the game, navigate to the Minecraft Launcher download page and click Download Launcher. Place the file anywhere you'd like, then run the program to install.
- Run the Minecraft Launcher, then log in to the game with your Microsoft account. You’re all set!