This article details everything you need to know if you're having Minecraft Marketplace issues or missing Minecraft Marketplace content in Minecraft: Bedrock Edition. If you're having other Marketplace content issues, check out our articles on Minecoin Issues or the Marketplace FAQ.
In This Article:
- Why is some content in the Marketplace grayed out? What does it mean when it says that this content is “not compatible with your device due to low memory”?
- Where are my purchases stored?
- I redeemed a content code but can’t find my content. Where should I look?
- I can’t redeem my code. What should I do?
- I have missing Marketplace items; where can I find them?
- I noticed a problem with something I purchased in the Marketplace. How do I let you know?
Why is some content in the Marketplace grayed out? What does it mean when it says that this content is “not compatible with your device due to low memory”?
Some maps and textures require higher-performance devices to play effectively. If your device has less than 512MB of internal memory (RAM), you may see some content grayed out (unavailable) in the Microsoft Store. You cannot buy any content that is not compatible with your device, and you cannot download content that is not compatible, even if you already purchased it on a device with higher memory.
Where are my purchases stored?
If you have an Xbox Live account associated with your game and you were logged in at the time of purchase, your coins and content will be associated with your Xbox Live account. You can access these from any new device, provided you are logged in to the same account. For help with missing purchases or any Xbox Live account support, please contact Xbox Support.
If you do not have an Xbox Live account associated with your game, then your Marketplace purchases will be tied to the device you used for the purchase. Please be aware that uninstalling the game will permanently delete any purchased coins and content purchased this way. For further billing and installation support, contact your device's app store.
Note: To access your purchases from other devices, we recommend that you link them to an Xbox Live account by signing in from the device used for the purchase.
I redeemed a content code but can’t find my content. Where should I look?
Open the in-game Marketplace “Store” and click the button next to your account name to see your inventory. Your content will be listed. Click the icon for the content you want and download the piece of content onto your device.
I can’t redeem my code. What should I do?
See the troubleshooting section of Redeem a gift card or code to your Microsoft account.
I have missing Marketplace items; where can I find them?
When you can’t find a Marketplace pack, virtual currency, or game in your Minecraft app after purchasing from the Microsoft Store, Xbox Store, or through a Collection pack, start by making sure you are logged in to the correct account where you want these items to appear.
In many cases, this happens when parents purchase these items or redeem a gift card on their own Microsoft account and don’t realize that they cannot be transferred to a child’s account later.
If you find that you have redeemed a prepaid card or purchased on the wrong account, you must contact Xbox support.
For other issues, try these steps to troubleshoot.
- Make sure your game is completely up to date.
- Make sure you are signed in with the Microsoft account you used to make the purchases.
- Completely close Minecraft. This means:
- On mobile devices, close (don't minimize) the app running in the background.
- On Minecraft for Windows close the game completely by clicking the X in the upper right corner.
- On Minecraft for Xbox or PlayStation® 4, access the menu option to close the application.
- Switch on the Nintendo Switch home screen, highlight Minecraft, and press X to close the application.
- Make sure you are connected to a reliable internet connection.
- Launch Minecraft and make sure you are signed in and you are the only user playing Minecraft at this time.
- Let the game load up to the home screen and wait for 15 – 60 seconds (if on Nintendo Switch, loading can take up to 120 seconds). This ensures the game has time to load completely.
- If this has not solved the issue, please try steps 2-6 again.
If you are still unable to find your missing Marketplace items, contact Minecraft Support.
I noticed a problem with something I purchased in the Marketplace. How do I let you know?
If you find something broken or otherwise bothersome in an item you purchased from the Marketplace, contact Minecraft Support.